bridal shower help

hi all
i have a bridal shower to attend this weekend and i am supposed to bring two recipes. the couple (my cousin and his soon to be wife) are early 20's with a young child, students budget. i need help coming up with the recipes.

i was thinking rosemary garlic potatoes and lavender teacake. both are fairly easy recipes and not too expensive to make.

any other suggestions?

Posted by karine on February 25, 2003 | TrackBack
Comments

Recipes to print out and bring for people to take home, or recipes to prepare and bring finished dishes?

Posted by: meriko on February 25, 2003 10:29 PM

the idea behind these recipes is to write them up on 5x7 cards and give them to the bride to be. i think it is pretty silly, but maybe she is that in need. my mom would be disappointed if i didn't play the game. maybe i should just locate my favorite cookbook and give that to her instead.

Posted by: karine on February 26, 2003 11:35 AM

Huh, weird.

I think you should print out your fave recipes from gastronome and paste them to cards. Easy! (Maybe some of the soups and the cookies and brownies? Those are all easy and good for people who don't have a lot of cooking experience...)

Posted by: meriko on February 26, 2003 1:17 PM

I attended a shower like this. We took our favorite recipe to the bride and then the ingredients or pans to prepare that recipe was the gift for the bride. It is really fun!

Posted by: Jill on January 26, 2004 10:27 PM

I don't know if my comment is too late for the wedding shower you are attending, but I own a business making homemade strudel - Apple, Cherry, Blueberry... you name it: Find me at heavenlystrudel.com. I could ship it baked and all you have to do is warm it up before serving. And I accept Mastercard and Visa. For those ladies who are diabetic or watching their weight, the Splenda sweetened strudel is just right, just as heavenly as the sugar. Ladies,it's OK to Indulge.

Posted by: Miki on January 31, 2004 3:02 PM