January 23, 2004
blues

Lordie, i am blue today.
I came sooo close to calling in sick today, and hiding under the covers with the cat all day. But then i decided i'd just have to deal with even more on Monday, which sounded worse, so i got up.

I tried to dress myself out of the blues with a plaid swingy skirt and boots and a shirt that fits great, but that isn't much seeming to help, either.

Adam's pumping me full of coffee. All hail the bean goddess.

How do you beat the blues when they pop, inexplicably? I don't know what to FIX to make them go away...

Posted by shock at January 23, 2004 10:46 AM
Comments

Baby, I'm sorry you're feeling blue. Must be the moon, because I and some of my cohorts are also down.

Usually, I curl up on the couch with a movie, usually in the vain of "Bridget Jones" or "Notting Hill" (I know, try not to gag). Tonight, however, I'm opting for the booze and women blues lifter - a night out with some of my girls to vent.

Posted by: Danielle on January 23, 2004 11:16 AM

Sometimes the blues just like to come and stay for a while. Think of them as independent actors. Like mosquitoes or something.

Does it help to know that you rock? And that your accomplishments are totally inspiring?

If it does, I'll tell you why, in detail!

Posted by: cda on January 23, 2004 2:14 PM

Yeah, me too. I've been walking around in a state of barely repressed rage for days. It's unpleasant, but I don't know why it is, so I don't know how to shake it off.

Maybe I'll buy some wine.

Posted by: Damien Warman on January 23, 2004 5:47 PM

With my experience, you'd think I'd have some clues for you, but I'm afraid I don't. I usually just hunker down and wait it out. Sleep a lot, read good books and watch good movies (good old escapism). Write long whiney entries in my journal until I'm sick of myself. Good luck...

Posted by: donab on January 23, 2004 6:29 PM

It's because I'm too far away from you, sweetie. I'll be fixing that today (er, Saturday your time) and I'll see you soon and no more blue. Promise. :>

Posted by: mrs l. on January 23, 2004 6:49 PM

Would bath bombs help??? ;)

Sorry you're feeling down. Maybe we can get together tomorrow and my wife can tell you a polar bear joke. She insists that such jokes are helpful.

Posted by: Pyro on January 23, 2004 7:51 PM