June 11, 2004
upgrades

After months of not much work on the house (aside from completing the curtain project!), everything is in motion. It's wonderful! Here's your gratuitous photo progress entry...
kitchensmall.jpg

builtinsmall.jpg
The stove was installed a few weeks ago - and this last week, Andy finished our new built-in and some butcher-block counter. They're gorgeous.
I still have a bit of wall that needs painting, and we need to paint the trim on the built-in - the railing at the top, the facade at the bottom, and the wood on the glass doors. (I'm thinking chocolate brown, but I'm not convinced yet. Opinions, anyone?)

Yesterday the landscapers came and started working on the yard - with the excavation work, I can really see what it will look like now. If all goes reasonably close to the plan, the deck and yard furniture will arrive around the time the landscapers are done. And Andy, the sweet handy carpenter dude he is, has offered to loan me his tile saw when I work on tiling the patio.

yardleftsmall.jpg

Posted by shock at June 11, 2004 08:54 AM
Comments

So much exciting work! that's wonderful. I love the built in.

Posted by: heather on June 11, 2004 9:04 AM

LOVE IT. Love the built-in, love the promising marks in the dirt in your garden. Definitely take Andy up on the tool-sharing, just make sure he eventually comes back to retrieve his stuff when you're done. (Couldn't have painted my kitchen in a week without his scaffolding-loan!)

(Do the built-in doors really need a paint color?)

Now! What art to hang on the wall next to the built-in? :>

Posted by: mrs l. on June 11, 2004 9:14 AM

Love. Beautimous!

Posted by: Adrienne on June 11, 2004 9:28 AM

When you get up close, you can see that the doors are slightly different looking, and not enough that i like the difference. When I take you to Geranium, you can see what I mean - the doors are modeled off the ones on their wine cabinets, and they have the contrasting paint job - it's gorgeous.

And actually - likely no art there! I'm looking for a wire rack to put my oils and vinegars in to hang on the wall there, over the knife magnet. Maybe something small up above that - I do have a Tammy Berger original pomegranite that belongs in my kitchen...

Posted by: meriko borogove on June 11, 2004 10:01 AM

it occurred to me that a nice muted sage green might also be nice, after i left last night.

thanks again for the lovely dinner and the loan of books. i have much to think about now!

Posted by: Meredith on June 11, 2004 10:41 AM

Simply beautiful. Everything.

Posted by: carolann on June 11, 2004 2:22 PM

Dude, this is beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!!! :) I hope you invite me over in July so I can check it out up close. ;) (Gah, aren't I rude? ;) )

Posted by: Merry on June 12, 2004 12:24 PM