May 18, 2005
My Wishlist for a Restorative Weekend
by meriko borogove, age 31.
-- drip watering system repaired and jumpstarted out front
-- some time in the garden in the back
-- plant shopping for the front tree nook
-- a long, long bath
-- read one of the tasty travel books. I have plane tickets, you know.
-- clean laundry.
-- cooking. Cooking soothes the savage meriko.
-- a glass of wine, a fountain pen full of ink, some stationary, and thou.
-- fireworks from my deck with friends
-- bunny bunny bunny bunny
-- pasta primavera. The herbs in the garden are haywire.
-- cookbook surfing and menu planning. I have a 6-course birthday dinner to plan....
-- daydreaming in the twilight
What are you wishing for this weekend?
Posted by shock at May 18, 2005 07:43 AM
I am wishing for...
lots and lots of little red rum drinks
being unemployed (only for a week between jobs)
A Puerto Rican welcome from an old friend, and hopefully Old San Juan before we retreat to the other side of the island (where said friend lives).
- an easy trip to the airport (with BART or cab with baggage for 2 adults and one almost-toddler for 4 days *easy* might be a stretch, but I can wish, right?)
- a stress-free 1st plane ride for Miss Annika Jane
- good weather in San Diego
- a hotel that lives up to it's reputation
- pooltime with the baby
- a little sun-time for Mommy
- a dinner-date with my hub
- fresh sheets on a king-sized bed
- Acing the second Physics test and lab quizes.
- A lecture quiet enough that I can do my homework when I should be taking notes.
- No unpleasant surprises when I'm taking photos and measurements of the new digs.
- Christening the new digs. >:-)
- Trying not to go mental over all the stuff that remains to be done for the move.
- that i get i get this job
- that i can get back on track and start enjoying things again
- that i can get back to being a better friend
- that i can get back to being a better partner
- a weekend road trip to LA and portland (all by myself)
- a last minute plane flight to somewhere i've never been
- and a long hot bath and massage after sounds perfect...
- Morning hike at St. Joseph's Hill
- PetSmart shopping for kitty perch (sans window siles for kitty bum)
- Mama needs a new pair of sassy, strappy sandals :o)